How to impress the guests at your BBQ this weekend? Let these recipes take care of you with these delicious, festive drinks.
Did Someone Say Wine?
- Simple Sangria: This fruity drink is always a pleaser, and easy to make non-alcoholic by replacing the wine with a lemon-lime soda.
- Red, White & Blue Wine Spritzer: This Chardonnay drink uses simple syrup, tonic water and some fresh fruit for a classy take on your favorite glass beverage.
- Miami Vice Cocktail: Enjoy the delicious mix of a Piña Colada and a Strawberry Daiquiri in this fruity cocktail. Stir in blue liquor, food coloring, or berries to the Piña Colada mix for an even more colorful drink! Try making a virgin blend – the kids will love this sweet, pretty drink!
- Patriotic Martini: Having a girls night or date night? Try this sweet martini with blue curacao.
- Smirnoff Mixer Lemonade: With Smirnoff Red, White & Berry and some thirst-quenching lemonade, you’ve got yourself the perfect drink for your sweet tooth!
- Blueberry Mojito: This simple drink, not to mention gluten free, vegan, and very low on sugar, uses white rum and relies on berries for the rest of the flavor.
- Healthy 4th of July Slushie: On a diet? No Worries! This one is low calorie and super simple to make, with just vodka, cranberry juice, ice, and blue liquor.
- Patriotic Punch: Let the kids enjoy a creative mocktail with this recipe! Grab the Hawaiian punch, soda, and some blue Gatorade – and if you’d like to spice up your own drink, just add a clear liquor of your choice.
- Festive Layered Mocktail: Love Shirley Temples? Try this one, where cherry meets Piña Colada!
- Fruity Ice Drinks: With just champagne and fruit, this drink is easy on the budget and takes little time to make. Substitute the champagne with sparkling or flavored water and you’ve got yourself a yummy mocktail.
- Red, White & Blue Jell-O shots: Having a big party? Get out the strawberry and berry-blue Jell-O! This recipe uses condensed milk to create a middle white layer and gives it a strawberries-and-cream-esc taste. Yum!
- Milkshake Shot: These sweet shooters use cake vodka, and can be topped off with whipped cream. More like a dessert if you ask me!
These delicious drinks can be appetizers while you’re picking at finger foods, or brought out as dessert! Try making a mocktail or two for the whole family to sip on by the pool, lake, or wherever you’re spending your weekend. Enjoy at your own risk.